The Flow Cytometry Section provides state-of-the-art high-parameter cell analysis and sorting services to support NIAMS IRP investigators in their pursuit of the Institute’s mission. We provide sorting services, maintain and update the equipment, train instrument users, and collaborate on creative solutions to scientific questions. Our interests include single-cell multiomics, high-parameter data reduction analysis, and cytometric analysis of intracellular signaling events.
The facility currently houses a variety of state-of-the-art instrumentation for cell analysis and sorting.
- BD FACSCanto RUO: 4-laser, 14-color analyzer with HTS (high throughput sampler)
- BD LSR Fortessa SORP: 7-laser, 18-color analyzer with HTS BD FACSCelesta: 4-laser, 15-color analyzer
- BD FACSymphony A5: 5-laser, 24-color analyzer with HTS
- Cytek Aurora: 5-laser, 35-color analyzer with autoloader
- BD FACSymphony A3: 5-laser, 24-color analyzer with HTS (Q3 2020)
- ThermoFisher Attune NxT: 4-laser, 14-color analyzer with autosampler (Q3 2020)
- BD FACSAria IIIu: 5-laser, 18-color cell sorter with ACDU (automated cell deposition unit)
- BD FACSAria Fusion: 5-laser, 18-color cell sorter with ACDU and biosafety cabinet
- BD Influx: 7-laser, 18-color cell sorter with ACDU and biosafety cabinet
- BD FACSymphony S6: 5-laser, 30-color analyzer with ACDU and biosafety cabinet (Q1 2021)
- BD FACSMelody: 3-laser, 9-color cell sorter with biosafety cabinet (Q1 2021)