The primary goal of the Flow Cytometry Section is to provide the services of state-of-the-art multi-parameter cellular analysis and cell sorting for researchers and investigators of the NIAMS IRP. The Section maintains and updates the equipment as needed, provides training for investigators, schedules sorting, and collaborates for creative solutions to scientific experiments. Particular interests include multi-parameter analysis, fluorescence resonance energy transfer, single cell sorting, and cytometric analysis of intracellular signaling events.
The facility currently houses instrumentation for cell analysis and sorting.
- (Two) BD Biosciences FACSVerse (2-lasers, 8-color with Universal Loader)
- Beckman Coulter CyAn ADP (3-laser, 9-color analyzer)
- BD Biosciences FACSCanto (3-laser, 8-color analyzer with HTS)
- BD Biosciences LSR Fortessa (7-laser, 18-color, with HTS)
- Beckman Coulter MoFlo Legacy (3-laser, 10-color, with CyClone)
- BD Biosciences FACSAria IIIu (5-laser, 18-color, with ACDU)
- BD Biosciences Influx (7-laser, 18-color, with ACDU and spectral analyzer)