New and Noteworthy
NIAMS Announces New Funding Approach
In a change to our funding approach beginning this year, NIAMS has announced that it will set aside a larger portion of its research project grant (RPG) budget to support applications that fall outside of its R01 payline. To learn more about these changes, please refer to the following:
Explore NIH’s Grants & Funding search page (from the Office of Extramural Research) to find up-to-date information about NIH funding, including all NIAMS-related programs and opportunities.
- See all NIAMS-sponsored funding opportunities
- See all funding opportunities that NIAMS sponsors or participates in
You can also see filtered search results for specific types of NIAMS-related funding opportunities:
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR)
- Administrative supplement opportunities for existing grants
- Career development awards (K awards)
- Individual fellowship awards (F awards)
- Institutional training grants
- Centers grants
Looking for a contact regarding a Funding Opportunity Announcement? Refer to section VII. Agency Contacts of the funding opportunity for Scientific/Research and Grants Management Contacts.
We strongly encourage you to communicate with NIH staff throughout the grant life cycle. The information on the Understand Staff Roles page can help you understand the roles of NIH staff and help you contact the right person at each phase of the application and award process.