The NIAMS Laboratory Animal Care and Use Section (LACU) provides support to all NIAMS Intramural Research Program (IRP) Branches and Laboratories. Our goal is to provide animal care and services that support research activities and further our understanding of musculoskeletal and skin diseases.
The LACU provides the following services to the NIAMS IRP:
- Veterinary care.
- Animal ordering.
- Assistance with protocol preparation.
- Training investigative staff in conducting animal procedures.
- Animal facility management - NIAMS ACRF.
- Monitoring animal health in shared and core facilities.
- Coordination of rodent rederivation.
Core Research Facilities
Labs at the NIAMS are supported by the following state-of-the-art facilities and services:
Animal Resources Program Coordinator
Animal Husbandry Technician
Animal Program Director
Breeding Colony Manager
News & Highlights