Office of the Director
The Office of the Director (OD) provides scientific leadership, policy guidance, and overall operational and administrative coordination for the Institute.
- Financial Management Branch
- Management Policies, Programs, and Initiatives Branch
- Science Communications and Outreach Branch
- Scientific Information Technology Branch
- Scientific Planning, Policy, and Analysis Branch
- Strategic Initiatives
- Administrative Management Branch (for OD)
Learn more about NIAMS leadership by visiting our NIAMS Leadership page.
The Division of Extramural Research provides scientific management of the largest federal investment on arthritis, musculoskeletal, and skin diseases research conducted in academic institutions across the country.
The Division of Extramural Activities is responsible for the areas of overall administration and management, scientific review, grants management, and clinical research administration.
The Administrative Management Branch (for EP) serves both Divisions.
Intramural Research Program
The Intramural Research Program (IRP) conducts research and clinical investigations and provides training: