The Grants Management Branch (GMB) negotiates and issues over $500 million in grants and cooperative agreements annually. GMB responsibilities are complex and critical to the Institute’s mission and success. GMB staff ensures that all legal, regulatory, and policy requirements are met by the NIAMS and grant recipients, and directs all business-related activities associated with NIAMS awards, including:
- Having sole authority to provide official grant approvals and obligate funds.
- Working with Program Officers in the development of Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs).
- Applying funding guidelines and terms and conditions of award.
- Resolving budgetary and other administrative issues for individual grants.
- Developing and interpreting policies as they relate to the grant award process.
- Overseeing all post-award fiscal and administrative issues.
- Maintaining all official grant award records.
- Providing guidance to NIAMS leadership and the recipient community.