Bone biology & skeletal homeostasis studies include:
- Osteoclasts, osteoblasts, and osteocytes in bone remodeling and mechanotransduction.
- Signaling mechanisms mediating effects of hormones, growth factors, and cytokines in bone cells.
- Bone matrix composition, structure, and function.
- Pre-clinical development of novel therapeutics for osteoporosis.
Clinical studies in osteoporosis and metabolic bone disorders include:
- Epidemiology, pathogenesis, and pathophysiology.
- Environmental and genetic risk factors.
- Treatment, prevention, and diagnosis.
Bone quality and skeletal imaging:
- In vivo methods for macro and micro scale imaging of bone.
- Architecture and mechanical properties of bone.
- Multi-scale modeling of the human bone.
- Assessment of bone quality.
- Clinical studies related to bone strength and density.