Updated January 24, 2020
NIAMS FY 2020 Enacted Level: $624,889,000
The NIAMS is operating under the FY 2020 Further Consolidated Appropriations Act. The interim funding plan below for research and training grants represents the most current information as of the date cited above; however, many factors including a quarterly apportionment of NIAMS approved budget can affect the operating policies, thus they are subject to change. For clarification it is always best to check with an appropriate Institute official.
Noncompeting RPGs: Noncompeting continuation awards will be funded at a level below that indicated on the most recent Notice of Award (90% of the committed level). Upward adjustments to awarded levels will be considered after FY 2020 appropriations are enacted. Please refer to the NIH Notice link: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-003.html
- Competing R01 applications will be paid through the percentile of 10.0.
- Competing R01 applications from early stage investigators will be paid through the percentile of 14.0.
- Competing R21 applications will be paid through the percentile of 10.0.
- A payline has not been set for competing R15 applications.
- Competing R03 applications will be paid through the priority score 20.0.
- Reductions from direct costs recommended will be approximately 12 percent. No reductions will be taken on applications with direct costs of $100,000 or less.
- A payline has not been set for competing SBIR/STTR applications.
Research Career Awards
- Competing K01/K08/K25 applications will be paid through the priority score 20.
- Competing K23/K24 applications will be paid through the priority score 18.
- A payline has not been set for competing K99 applications.
- Competing research training fellowships (F31, F32, and F33) will be paid through the percentile 18.0.
- A payline has not been set for competing research training fellowships (F30).
- Competing institutional training applications (T32) will be paid through the priority score 14.