You are here:
Did you know?
- In exchange for a two or three-year (for Intramural General Research) commitment to your research career, NIH will repay up to $35,000 per year of your qualified educational debt. See NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- NIAMS Faculty List
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development and Outreach Branch
- Core Facilities
- Clinical Protocols
- IRP News and Events
- Office of the Scientific Director
- Office of the Clinical Director
Research in NIAMS Labs
Updated September 29, 2015
Dr. Pravitt Gourh Receives Award
Congratulations to Pravitt Gourh, M.D., who has been selected as a recipient of the 2015 Distinguished Fellow Award from the American College of Rheumatology. Dr. Gourh is a Clinical Fellow and NIAMS Scholar in the NIH Rheumatology Training Program. His current research is focused on understanding the genetics of both pediatric and adult scleroderma, and protein biomarker discovery. Watch Dr. Gourh discuss his research .
Dr. O’Shea to Give Lecture at Nobel Forum
Dr. John O’Shea, NIAMS Scientific Director, has been invited to present a fall Karolinska Research Lecture at Nobel Forum. He will present his talk Basic and Applied Cytokine Signaling: From Jakinibs to Super-enhancers on October 15, 2015, at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
Congratulations to Dr. Claudia Ouyang
Dr. Ouyang received a postdoctoral training fellowship from the Cancer Research Institute. She is a postdoctoral fellow in the Immunoregulation Section of the Autoimmunity Branch. Her long-term research interest is to obtain a comprehensive understanding of how genetic mutations and epigenetic changes contribute to human diseases in the context of immunology. The NIAMS is proud of Dr. Ouyang for this outstanding achievement..
NIAMS Hosts NIH HiSTEP Participants
The Career Development and Outreach Branch (CDOB) recently hosted a tour of the NIAMS labs for students participating in the High School Scientific Training and Enrichment Program (HiSTEP). CDOB staff organized presentations, laboratory tours and demonstrations to teach the students about the research conducted under the NIAMS mission. Thanks to everyone who helped make this tour a success.
NIAMS Faculty List
Clinical and Translational Research
- NIAMS Clinical Trials and Natural History Studies at the NIH Campus
- NIAMS Sponsored Clinical Trials
- For all clinical trials click here
- Superior Athleticism: Is It in Your Genes?
- NIH Researchers Reveal Link Between Powerful Gene Regulatory Elements and Autoimmune Diseases