You are here:
Did you know?
- In exchange for a two or three-year (for Intramural General Research) commitment to your research career, NIH will repay up to $35,000 per year of your qualified educational debt. See NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- NIAMS Faculty List
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development and Outreach Branch
- Core Facilities
- Clinical Protocols
- IRP News and Events
- Office of the Scientific Director
- Office of the Clinical Director
Research in NIAMS Labs
Updated August 3, 2015
NIAMS Hosts NIH HiSTEP Participants
The Career Development and Outreach Branch (CDOB) recently hosted a tour of the NIAMS labs for students participating in the High School Scientific Training and Enrichment Program (HiSTEP). CDOB staff organized presentations, laboratory tours and demonstrations to teach the students about the research conducted under the NIAMS mission. Thanks to everyone who helped make this tour a success.
Dr. O’Shea Receives Inaugural David W. Talmage Award
Congratulations to Dr. John O’Shea who is the recipient of the inaugural David W. Talmage Award. The award was presented at the 2015 Aspen Allergy Conference.
Review: The Role of Neutrophils in Lupus
A recently published review from the Systemic Autoimmunity Branch discusses the role of neutrophils and other granulocytes in the pathogenesis of lupus. Read the review here.
NIAMS Intramural Research Program at Work
Dr. Adriana Almeida de Jesus (pictured) and other NIAMS intramural investigators describe advances and ongoing research. Patients describe their experiences, too, in this video compilation.
2015 NIAMS IRP Scientific Training
The annual NIAMS IRP Scientific Training is a two-day event that gives NIAMS investigators the opportunity to interact away from the bench and learn about each other’s research via oral presentations and poster sessions. This year’s program featured keynote presentations from four science gurus as well as a best-selling sports writer. The event concluded with an awards presentation where Outstanding Poster Award winners received autographed copies of The Sports Gene.
NIAMS Faculty List
Clinical and Translational Research
- NIAMS Clinical Trials and Natural History Studies at the NIH Campus
- NIAMS Sponsored Clinical Trials
- For all clinical trials click here
- In Memoriam: Joy Blair, M.D.
- NIH Researchers Reveal Link Between Powerful Gene Regulatory Elements and Autoimmune Diseases
- Research on Keratins Reveals Unexpected Link Between Hair Disorders and Dental Decay