You are here:
For Scientific Researchers
Research at NIAMS
Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP)
NIAMS on Twitter
National Multicultural Outreach Initiative
NIH Loan Repayment Programs
NIAMS: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Home Page
Our Research Focus
Studies Seeking Patients
- NIAMS Coalition
- Kids Pages
- Multimedia Pages
- Multicultural Information
- NIH and NASA
- Summer Student Program
NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases ~ National Resource Center
NIH Is Developing a 5-year NIH-wide Strategic Plan
NIH has issued a Request for Information (RFI) inviting comments on the framework of the NIH Strategic Plan. Submit comments by August 16, 2015. Informational webinars will be held August 5, 11 and 13. Register for a webinar.
Request for Information (RFI) on the Action Plan for Lupus Research
In order to develop a new coordinated action plan for lupus research on behalf of the NIH, NIAMS has led efforts to develop the Action Plan for Lupus Research. Comments on the draft will be accepted until September 11, 2015.
Subscribe to a new quarterly e-newsletter featuring health resources for American Indians and Alaska Natives from the NIH and other Federal agencies.
NIH Invites Comments on the Environmental Influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) Program
NIH requests comments and suggestions on the ECHO program as it relates to the Core Elements and Focus Areas. Submit comments by August 14, 2015.
Proteinís Role in Rheumatoid Arthritis-Induced Bone Loss Revealed
Investigators supported in part by NIAMS have shown how a protein called RBP-J controls a pathway that promotes bone degradation, a common complication of rheumatoid arthritis. Decreased levels of RBP-J are linked to the disease and could partly underlie the associated bone loss.
News and Events
- High-resolution 3D Images Reveal the Muscle Mitochondrial Power Grid
- NIAMS Update — July 23, 2015
- Special Announcement — July 23, 2015, Letter from Dr. Stephen I. Katz: Investing in the Early Stages of the Scientific Pipeline
- Early Antiretroviral Therapy Prevents Non-AIDS Outcomes in HIV-infected People
- Honoring Health — Healthy Body, Healthy Mind…Healthy Aging — July 2015
- NIAMS Staff Join in the Fight Against Ebola
- Proteinís Role in Rheumatoid Arthritis-Induced Bone Loss Revealed
Alopecia Areata, Fast Facts
Time: 09:02 | Size: 8.5 MB