You are here:
Special Features of the NIAMS Intramural Research Program
The special features of the NIAMS IRP research environment allows our intramural scientists to avoid non-innovative science and pursue riskier paths that may lead to major advances in our basic knowledge and clinical abilities. The significant uniqueness of the IRP includes:
- Long-term investment: relatively long-term stable funding, which allows scientists to undertake research with a potentially high payoff but a long germination period
- Teamwork: a critical mass of researchers who can interact collaboratively to assemble teams to attack complex problems
- Resources: the ability to purchase major capital equipment and create facilities with short notice
- Short start-up: short start-up time to address urgent problems in public health and to develop newly emerging scientific fields
- Clinical research: a premier clinical research facility in the country for conducting innovative research that takes basic science from "Bench to Bedside"
Capitalize on the special features of the NIAMS intramural program.
Join our team and make it to the top!
For descriptive information on programs and appointment mechanisms, contact the Career Development and Outreach Branch for more information.
Reviewed January 11, 2013