Many of us have set health and wellness goals for 2021. Some goals include managing chronic conditions or keeping our bones, muscles, joints, and skin as healthy as possible.
Visit the NIAMS Community Outreach website for reliable, shareable information on:
Find printable materials or order free booklets from the NIAMS Publication Ordering System. Examples include:
- Living With Lupus (also available in Spanish)
- Living With Arthritis (also available in Spanish)
- Ana’s Story: How She and Her Family Learned About Sports Injuries (Bilingual English/Spanish)
- Isabel’s Story: How She and Her Family Learned About Osteoporosis and Bone Health (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Visit our A to Z health topics page for links to all our other resources.
News and Events
COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation. Get the latest public health information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the latest research information from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Additional resources include:
- COMBATCOVID Centralized Information Resource (also available in Spanish), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- COVID-19 Resources in Spanish, NIH
- Communication Resources for Community Leaders: Videos, Social Media Posts, Handouts, and Fact Sheets, NIH Community Engagement Alliance
- Resources for Community Health Workers, Community Health Representatives, and Promotores de la Salud, CDC
- Multilingual Communication Toolkit for Migrants, Refugees, and Other Limited-English-Proficient Populations, CDC
Be Your Healthiest Self With These Wellness Toolkits
Your Healthiest Self is a series of toolkits on emotional wellness, environmental wellness, physical wellness, social wellness, and disease prevention. The toolkits from the NIH Office of the Director highlight evidence-based tips for living well and improving your health. Each toolkit has printable checklists of tips in English and Spanish that you can print for yourself or share with others.
Know the Science in English and Spanish!
Why is it important to know the science of health? Simply put, because there is a lot of misinformation out there—from anecdotes disguised as evidence, to exaggerated claims made by companies, to TV doctors touting the latest “miracle cure.”
The Know the Science webpage from the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health will help you better understand complex scientific topics that relate to health research. By using this information, you can be discerning about what you hear and read, and make well-informed decisions about your health. Know the Science features a variety of materials, including interactive modules, quizzes, and videos to provide engaging, straightforward content.
Know the Science is also available in Spanish.
NEW Spanish-Language Biosimilars Education Materials for Patients and Health Care Providers
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has new materials in Spanish about biosimilar medications. These medications are highly similar or interchangeable with biological medications already approved by the FDA and offer the same safety and effectiveness. Check out the Biosimilars Patient Materials webpage in Spanish and the Spanish-language versions of the What is a Biosimilar? infographic, Biosimilars Basics infographic, and the biosimilars consumer update to help educate patients and health care providers about these important types of medications used to treat conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, and more.