Funded researchers are investigating rare bone diseases and the integrative physiology of bones.
Rare bone diseases research includes:
- Mechanisms, pathogenesis, and pathophysiology.
- Pre-clinical development of novel therapeutics.
- Natural history, diagnosis, and therapeutic treatment.
Integrative physiology of bone research includes:
- Interaction and communication between bone and other tissues/organs.
- Mechanisms of bone mineralization and mineral homeostasis.
- Consequences for bone of malignancy and skeletal metastasis.
The Division of Musculoskeletal Diseases supports research aimed at improving the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system and its component tissues.