You are here:
Did you know?
- In exchange for a two or three-year (for Intramural General Research) commitment to your research career, NIH will repay up to $35,000 per year of your qualified educational debt. See NIH Loan Repayment Programs
- NIAMS Faculty List
- Training Opportunities
- Career Development and Outreach Branch
- Core Facilities
- Clinical Protocols
- IRP News and Events
- Office of the Scientific Director
- Office of the Clinical Director
Research in NIAMS Labs
Updated May 9, 2013
Welcome to NIAMS Labs from Dr. John O'Shea, NIAMS Scientific Director
As you will see, our program comprises scientists, physicians, nurses, trainees and administrators who work together to solve basic scientific problems and devise new treatments for arthritis, musculoskeletal and skin diseases.
NIAMS IRP Retreat 2013 June 5-6
The IRP retreat is only a few weeks away, visit the website for the retreat agenda, keynote speakers biographies and the most up-to-date information
Clearing the Way to Make RNA in Muscle
The Sartorelli group has discovered that PolII, in conjunction with Spt6 and KDM6A, overcomes roadblocks like nucleosomes to transcribe genes in muscle cells. This cooperation between the three proteins controls developmental gene expression and cell differentiation.
Fontana and Steven Show the Structural Consequences at Low pH for the Influenza A Matrix Protein
The scientists demonstrated that at low pH, the M1 matrix protein of influenza A virus, which plays multiple roles in virus assembly and infection, undergoes a conformational change prior to dissociating from the membrane.
Casellas Group Develops a New DNA Damage Visualization Technique and Sheds Light on DNA Damage & Class Switching in Two Papers
The technique consists of detecting by immunoprecipitation and deep-sequencing recruitment of RPA to DNA breaks under conditions where homologous recombination is favored.
Cell Rep. 2013 Jan 1. doi:pii: S2211-1247(12)00431-7. 10.1016
Science. 2013 Jan 10.
NIAMS Faculty List
Clinical and Translational Research
- NIAMS Clinical Trials and Natural History Studies at the NIH Campus
- NIAMS Sponsored Clinical Trials
- For all clinical trials click here
- The 2013 NIAMS IRP Scientific Retreat will take place on June 5-6, click herefor further details.
- NIAMS’ O’Shea Named AAAS Fellow More...
- NIH scientists shed light on mystery surrounding Hepatitis B virus discovery is decades in the making. More..
- NIH scientists uncover how immune cells sense who they are. More...