You are here:
Summer Student Program
How to Apply to NIAMS IRP Student Programs
- Visit the websites of the NIAMS Intramural Labs and Branches to identify a laboratory or research area that interests you. Contact the Intramural Career Development and Outreach Branch to notify the Lab or Branch of your interest.
- Inquire early about application deadlines, and be sure to Apply Early for Ample Consideration. The summer student application deadline is March 1.
- Apply online at www.training.nih.gov.
- When applying on-line, be sure to select NIAMS-The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases in the application.
- Be sure to proofread your application.
- Include information on past research experience, science awards, honors, student programs and participation in scientific meetings, if applicable.
- Include any abstracts and scientific papers, if available.
- Graduating seniors, include information that you have been accepted to an academic institution at the next educational level, e.g., acceptance letter to college, professional school, etc.
- Request recommendation letters from science faculty, preceptors, etc., that have direct knowledge of your scientific interests and abilities.
Reviewed January 11, 2013