You are here:
Additional information on budget policy and grants funding policies may be found at NIAMS Grant Funding Decisions
Funding Plan Fiscal Year 2012
Updated August 31, 2012
NIAMS FY 2012 Operating Level: $535,633,000
The NIAMS is operating under the FY 2012 Consolidated Appropriations Act (P.L. 112-74). The current funding plan for research and training grants is cited below:
Research Project Grants (RPGs)
In accordance with current NIH FY 2012 policy following the enactment of the Consolidated Appropriations Act (P.L. 112-74), most noncompeting awards will reflect a reduction from the amount recommended on the previous Notice of Grant Award. For noncompeting non-modular awards, this reduction will be approximately 2 percent, which will be applied to all remaining years of the grant. For noncompeting modular awards, there will be no reduction in the FY 2012 and future years. To review the NIH fiscal policy for grant awards in FY 2012, please see link: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-12-036.html
- The payline for competing R01 applications will be through the percentile of 12.0.
- The payline for competing R01 applications from new investigators will be through the percentile of 15.0.
- The payline for competing R21 applications will be through the percentile of 12.0
- The payline for R15 applications will be through the priority score of 20.
- The payline for the R03 solicitation will be through the priority score 24.
- SBIR applications will be paid through the priority score of 23.
- STTR applications will be paid through the priority score of 30.
- A pool of funds has been set aside for selective payment. Applications chosen for select pay are those that do not fall within the current percentile payline, but which are deemed to have particular relevance to the Institute's scientific and health priorities. Projects to be funded on this basis are recommended by Institute staff and/or Advisory Council members. Applicants may not apply for select pay consideration. Final decisions are made by the Director, NIAMS, following staff discussion.
Research Career Awards
- K01/K02/K08/K25 applications will be paid through the priority score of 36.
- K23/K24 applications will be paid through the priority score of 32.
- K99 applications will be paid through the priority score of 10.
- The payline for research fellowship applications (F31, F32, and F33) will be through the priority score of 24.
- The payline for institutional training applications (T32) will be through the priority score 17.