You are here:
Additional information on budget policy and grants funding policies may be found at NIAMS Grant Funding Decisions
Funding Plan Fiscal Year 2007
Updated September 30, 2007 (historical)
NIAMS Operating Level: $507,374,370
Each fiscal year, once an appropriation has been received, the Institute develops an operating plan for the funding of research and training grants. Many factors occurring throughout the fiscal year can affect the operating policies, thus they are subject to change. For the most current information, it is always best to check with an appropriate Institute official.
Research Project Grants
All noncompeting continuation awards will be awarded at 97.1 percent of the FY 2007 committed level. Future year commitments will also be adjusted accordingly. To review the NIH fiscal policy for non-competing grant awards - FY2007, please see the link below:
- The payline for competing R01 applications will be through the percentile of 15.0
- The payline for competing R01 applications from new investigators will be through the percentile of 18.0
- The payline for R21 applications will be through 15.0.
- The payline for the R03 solicitation will be through priority score 169.
- Based on case-by-case review of grant applications by program directors, reductions from direct costs recommended will be approximately 14 percent. No reductions will be taken on applications with direct costs of $100,000 or less.
- A pool of funds has been set aside for selective payment. Applications chosen for select pay are those that do not fall within the current percentile payline but which are deemed to have particular relevance to the Institute's scientific and health priorities. Projects to be funded on this basis are recommended by Institute staff and/or advisory council members. Applicants may not apply for select pay consideration. Final decisions are made by the Director, NIAMS, following staff discussion.
- SBIR applications will be paid through the priority score of 198.
- STTR applications will be paid through the priority score of 150.
Research Career Awards
- K01/K02/K08/K25 applications will be paid through the priority score of 144.
- K23/K24 applications will be paid through the priority score of 159.
- K99 applications will be paid through the priority score of 136.
- Research fellowship applications (F31, F32, and F33) will be paid through the priority score of 190.
- The payline for Institutional training applications (T32) will be through priority score 135.